Saturday, July 6, 2019

PRIZE

I'm lying in (not on) my water bed trying to sleep when the phone rings
I struggle to get to the phone
"Is this Mr. Stone?"
"Ummm yes."
Congratulations Mr. Stone you have won a free portrait sitting."
I sit up
I won a prize
Then I fall over
It's a water bed remember
Here is the thing
I was 17
I literally thought I won a free portrait sitting
I call my best friend
"We are getting our picture taken.
Dress up.
We're going to the Alderwood Mall."
There is this whole photo shoot
It takes time
It costs money
A week later they call and say,
"Come in for your free picture."
Then they spend an hour trying to sell me all these photos at prices I couldn't pay
I was making $3.25 an hour at Mc'donalds
I really thought I had won a prize
Sometimes I feel bad about it
But I did get my prize






No comments:

Post a Comment