Tuesday, October 22, 2019

McHALE'S

We're sitting in our booth
Waiting for our burgers to arrive
Julia and Catherine recognize the guy sitting in the booth next to us
It's New York
46th and 8th
1997
There is hockey on the tv
The tv is old and dirty
It's dark inside
McHale's
The burgers are huge things
MASSIVE
and they come with delicious Steak fries
"How are these fries so good?" I once asked the bartender
"We fry them twice" he answered
Brilliant
The burgers were off the chain
More food than you could eat
The atmosphere was nostalgic
The seating was outdated
But that made it cool
Cat and Julie spark a conversation with this guy we'd seen in a movie
Next thing you know we are all chatting
Turns out he's a big fan of our show
Couldn't have been more pleasant 
I think a person's character is revealed by how they speak with strangers
Every time I see him in a movie I smile
Cause I'm pretty sure that guy is the real deal




No comments:

Post a Comment