Friday, October 25, 2019

SNOWBALL

It was the most fun you could have
There were girls
and video games
and popcorn
and red vines
and music
like I said
It was the most fun you could have
MY favorite video game was Red Baron
or
Maybe Battlezone
Yes
It was definitely Battlezone
Battlezone had a viewfinder you had to look through to control your tank
But more than that
I was mesmerized by the girls
They were like swans on a pond
You had to lace up your boots
and go out there to be near them
You can't imagine their hair
In Lynnwood
It was...ummm majestic
I was intimidated
by these beautiful swirling creatures
So, I worked on my skating skills
Got my wheels under me
Kind of learned to skate
Could go backward a bit
Shoot the Duck was my best trick
But my favorite part of the night
BY FAR
WAS
When all the boys would line up on one side of the rink
and all the girls would line up on the other
and the girls would come out
and choose a boy to skate with
Girls' choice
SNOWBALL
When a girl would reach out and grab my hand
Well, that was an amazing thing
We'd swirl around for a ring or two
They'd blow a whistle
and then off she'd go
It felt like holding hands with a fairy
for just a few brief moments
It felt like magic

No comments:

Post a Comment