Wednesday, January 8, 2020

KANSAS CITY STARLIGHT

It was a monsoon that lasted 2 days
I'd hardly ever seen rain like that
It was like a river out of the sky
The first night the sound electrician refused to power up the board
That is one of the very few nights where a show was cancelled in my life
Next night the conditions were no different
Rain
Torrential
Oh, this is an outdoor theatre
That seats just shy of 8 Thousand
It's pouring
I think no way
But the crew
Did what crews do
and
I don't know, bubble wrapped and electrician tapped everything?
Still
The expectation was that the show would be cancelled...again
Nope
Let me remind you that this was literally a monsoon
and
We were performing in an outdoor amphitheater
When told we were doing the show, I thought, FOR WHO?
Who is going to show up for an out door show in a monsoon?
Kansas City that's who
They did
They filled the place up
and
We did the show
to people in full rain gear
holding umbrellas
not too well
against the storm
but they were there
They Were There



No comments:

Post a Comment