Sunday, April 21, 2019

BREAKFAST CLUB

I had a tuxedo.
It was requirement for choir.
So when I got asked to go to a formal event in college by a nice girl.
"Yes, I'll go." was easy.
For the record most of these were really fun and pretty innocent.
Pictures were taken
Goofy awkward dancing happened.
That sort of thing.
I remember one event.
It was a formal.
They rented rooms in a Seattle hotel.
It was nice.
It was fun.
We had a good old fashioned 1990 party.
My date was a casual friend.
There was no romance but it was a good time.
We danced.
We drank.
Lots of laughter.
I wake up in a fancy hotel room with a bunch of people crashed all over the bed and floor.
There is a dude in a blue blazer sipping on a beer in a chair across the room.
"You want one?" he asks.
"Sure."
I'm still dressed in full tuxedo.
Though the flower is wilted on my jacket.
We have a couple beers when I realize I have an event I have to attend in 15 minutes.
There was a lesson on comportment at the Nordstrom on the Ave for...
The Mr. Greek Competition!
I get there but I'm late.
The only open seat is in the middle
Of the middle.
Smack dab in the middle.
So I slide along saying, " excuse me, excuse me." all the while till I reach the middle of the middle.
I reek and my corsage is a dead joke.
But I sit down to learn about comportment.
After about five minutes I start to feel unwell.
The room tilts a bit.
And I am forced to get up and excuse myself.
"Excuse me. Excuse me," I say shuffling my way out.
Missed the lesson on comportment.
Won the competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment