Monday, April 1, 2019

IMPERFECTION

In 2004
I had a Play Station 2
My game was MLB2k4
Baseball
No surprise
My team, The Mariners
They weren't so great
Not bad
Not great
I decided I wanted to play a perfect season
Win 162 games
Wouldn't save the games I lost
I started managing the team differently
Sometimes start the game with the closing pitcher
They do this in Major League Baseball now
Sometimes
The game taught me how to run the bases and send runners
That transitioned into my personal game in Broadway Show League
Other things I learned
Put Willie Bloomquist on the field anywhere
Always hit Alex Rodriguez with a pitch
Fastball
High and tight
It was better than walking him
Or he'd hit a home run
Plus it made me smile
I got to game 158
It's a perfect game for my pitcher
No hits
Nothing
In the bottom of the 9th they hit a home run to win the game
This is going to sound silly but I was devastated
But I couldn't delete the game
Not this one
It was too pretty even though I lost
So I saved it
And finished 161-1
Imperfection can be beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment