Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pick-up in Ballard

We were playing a pick-up game in Ballard
Street hoops
No refs
Street rules
It was against this strange family
The Manson family
Not literally, but the dad had long stringy hair and prison tats
The sons were tall, young and lean
They could play ball but they played dirty
Undercutting rebounds etc.
It was obvious they knew what they were doing
At one point my friend VanBishler responded with some force
A confrontation occurred and the Manson dude cuffed him across the face
That was it for me
I punched prison dude right in the face and the fight was on
Everyone broke apart and we squared up
He came at me with a move I didn't expect
It was a flying screaming move
He went for my eye and I closed it just a second before he scraped it out
Got my eyelid pretty good though
I dropped back moved left and threw three consecutive left jabs
He didn't expect that
My left is my power
They all rocked
Then his son "Sky" came into the fight.
This kid was tall
Dunked during the game
I dropped low
I got into a stance that I can only describe as crab pose
He didn't know what to do
"It's under the seat go get it", someone shouted
We ran off the court
I hope he felt those blows for some time


No comments:

Post a Comment