Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The gift

I was all dressed up for church and waiting for the rest of my family
I was playing around the curb when I saw this white box
It looked maybe like a fast food container right there in the gutter
But it wasn't
It was plastic
Not Styrofoam
I took a closer look
My family was still getting ready for church
It was something
I opened it and there was a professional microphone
Beautiful
I was enchanted
When my Dad came out of the house I showed it to him
He shrugged and said "Finders keepers."
My folks had this awesome stereo system
It was all big and woody and it had an in Mic input
The mic fit into it
So, the next day I put The Beach Boys Barbra Ann on
And I sang
My sister ran upstairs and said, "Mom, Dad, You gotta hear this."


No comments:

Post a Comment