Wednesday, February 20, 2019

YMCA

I work out at the YMCA almost every day
It is a ritual that I enjoy
As a person of habits I tend to go at about the same time most days
Right about noon
There are a number of people that do the same
The Y is a quiet place
We all have our headphones
I see these people all working out every day and maybe I've said "Hi."
Once
You might not believe it but I am pretty shy in public
What? An actor and singer who was social chairman of his fraternity?
I am shy
But I have this affinity towards these people who are bettering themselves
So here is my team
Dr. Gray (He's about 76, always wears a gray t-shirt and gray shorts)
I don't know why I think he's a Dr. but I do
Cartoon Girl (She loves cartoons on Netflix...like really loves and she always has a smile)
They both put in a solid hour
I think of them as my friends though we've hardly shared a word
The Bionic Man (He has the coolest metal leg. It has to be Titanium I suppose it could be Aluminium but it's for sure Titanium. That dude hits the stairmaster super hard.)
I'm always impressed
Seriously
Of course there is
Pretty Girl (She has this really long hair that has curls at the end which MUST take forever to do and it's always perfect.)
Also she works out really well
Impressive
Strong Carlos (He gets after it every day)
There is Mark
That's just Mark
I know Mark
I love the YMCA
All these people working on themselves
Plus now they have Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment