Thursday, May 23, 2019

Aurora

Golden Gardens
It's a beach in Seattle with actual sand.
We'd head down there at night.
Build a fire.
Drink a few Henry Weinhard's.
It was fun.
Squishing your toes in the sand.
Looking into the amber fire light.
Chatting.
One night it was just me and Dan.
No one else on the beach.
It was dark and cool.
We had a nice little fire going when the sky changed.
There was a weird shimmer to it.
Colors you don't see at night.
"Do you see that?" Dan asked.
I did.
The sky lit up.
Rippling.
Pastels like waves.
I was confused.
But I did see it.
"It's the Northern Lights."
One of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Aurora Borealis.
It was magic.
Two dudes warming themselves by the fire.
Drinking a beer.
Watching the night paint the sky.
Magic


No comments:

Post a Comment