Monday, May 6, 2019

Perspective

Port Townsend
I had sweet housing.
It was a garden house with a stained glass window.
There was a track a couple blocks away and I would run there.
At the junior high.
They had a sign that basically said, "Don't run here when kids are here."
So, when I saw kids on the track one day I went another way.
"I'll just run through the neighborhood."
As I start out I see an arrow painted on the street.
Right by my place.
Pointing to a path I hadn't seen before.
Alright.
I guess I'll follow the arrow.
Then there was another.
Pointing through the woods.
I followed.
It was magnificent.
Another arrow painted on the ground pointed to another path
and I came upon Fort Worden Park.
It was magical!
I ran down to the beach and around it
and back up.
Apparently I'd come across a race course.
It was so beautiful.
Maybe the best run of my life.
I know it's important to keep your head up.
But sometimes you've got to see the arrows in the ground at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment