Sunday, June 30, 2019

1st DATE

Dallas, TX 1999
I rang the doorbell to her house
Chablis (their dog barked and barked)
Her Mom opened the door
She looked me up and down
"She's running late, have a seat."
The house was nice
The furniture perfect
There were lots of pillows
Lots
Of pillows
When Chelsea came down the stairs
It was like a prom moment
Red top
Black Skirt
She was gorgeous
We got into her Mitsubishi Eclipse
"I'm starving, we're going to Wendy's," she said
She got chicken nuggets
We went to Deep Elum
 It was busy
There was one place to park but it was tight between two cars
She was having trouble
I offered to parallel park
Got it done
There are a lot of bars down there
So we bounced around
Found ourselves on a rooftop
Had our first kiss
In Deep Elum
Walking back to the car
Wearing fancy heels
I could tell she was a bit distressed
The shoes were cutting into her feet
"Jump on my back, I got you."
We laughed as I carried her piggy-back to the car
That's a good first date
And Chels
I still got you

No comments:

Post a Comment