Friday, June 14, 2019

MERIDIAN

We were decked out
Headed out for a night on the ave
Rich Sasai and I
Lock Stock and Bagel was the bar
Some dudes from Sig Eps on the other side of 17th start shouting at us
"Fucking faggots meet us in the meridian."
I didn't much care for that language
So, I walked into the meridian and Rich followed
I'm not afraid of a fight
It's not the best way to start a night
We were dressed to meet the ladies
Rocking the Polo's with the flipped collars
They come out all bad ass and throwing up their arms
Then they bring out their champion
In the meridian
He's huge
Gargantuan
Shit, I think
But I stand my ground
I realize, though
He's a football player
He probably has to be careful about altercations
We go chin to chin
Well more like chin to sternum
"Swing," I said
"Go ahead"
"Swing"
This dude could have crushed me
If he hit me
I don't think he could have but he's backed up by 6 guys and it's just me and Rich
Stepping out for a night on the town
He's clearly an offensive line man so he's smart enough to recognize the situation
Offensive lineman are smarter than people give them credit
This could hurt his career
He backs down
I still think I could have taken him though

No comments:

Post a Comment