Friday, June 7, 2019

WALKOFF

"Hey let's go to a baseball game," said my buddy Enrique
"Okay," I say
"The Yankees are playing the Rangers. Can you root for the Rangers?"
"Against the Yankees? Yeah."
So we go
It's an ordeal
I take the bus to New York
Get on the train to the Bronx
It takes time
But you know after the travel I'm sitting with my friend
Watching baseball in Yankee Stadium
It's pretty cool even though I'm sort of rooting for the other team
The Texas Rangers jump out to a huge lead
It was 9-0 in the second inning
The game is taking a long time
Then The Bronx Bombers start coming back
Me?
I was getting tired
I knew I had like a 3 hour commute to get home
But you can't leave a game like this
Not till it's over
It's 13 to 12 in the bottom of the 9th
When Jorge Posada
Gets to bat with a runner on first
I turn to Ricky and say, "We gotta bolt when this game is over"
Catching those trains when the stadium is packed is not fun
When I heard the crack of the bat I grabbed Enrique by the collar
"It's over," I shouted
I can say
I have witnessed the greatest comeback in Yankee history
Wish I was a fan




No comments:

Post a Comment