Monday, June 24, 2019

LESSON

There was a notice in the Seattle Times
AUDITION
Miss Saigon
I did well
Got called back
Got a dance call
Well
That didn't go well
"You need to take some dance classes," I was told
They were right
I took a dance class
1
I got a callback in Los Angeles
I didn't know if I should go or not
That's a pricey proposition
I went
Vocal audition went very well
Made it to dance call
In the dance call I was huffing and puffing
But I got through all my steps
I thought I was good
When I was done with my segment I sat against the wall
Slumped down
Head in hands
Bob walks over to me and says, "You're being watched every moment you are in this room."
I'm sweating
Sitting on the floor
Trying to catch my breath
That is probably some of the most sage advice I've ever received

You are always on display
Always

I didn't get the job
Not surprising
But I was taught a lesson

Oh, I did get the job a couple years later
Lesson learned

No comments:

Post a Comment