Monday, March 4, 2019

Carnegie Hall

It was our first rehearsal at Carnegie Hall
Full orchestra
Kristina
Written by Benny Andersson
The ABBA guy
The music is extraordinary
Rock your core kind of music
There's an accident in the Lincoln Tunnel
My bus just sits there
For over an hour
My first rehearsal at Carnegie Hall
But I'd built a lot of time into my commute
When we finally get through the tunnel the bus goes on this crazy route
There's some problem at Port Authority too
I run up to the front of the bus and beg the driver to let me off
Thankfully he opens the door and
"Pshhhh,"
I am off the bus
But I'm on like 34th
Carnegie Hall is on 57th
I start to run
I've only got a few minutes
I sprint
As I hit Times Square it's packed with people
It's Sunday and there is a church service in Times Square
I'm running in the street cause I'm a New Yorker but they are everywhere
Singing songs
I shout,
"I LOVE JESUS TOO. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!!"
The crowd does sort of part
I fly into the hall and hear the Cellos start
Most beautiful sound I ever heard

No comments:

Post a Comment