Friday, March 22, 2019

Golden Gardens

I was on a double date
Didn't know them
Not well anyway
I think I met my date at The Wiz
A dance club in Seattle
The other fella was nice
Good company
Tall guy
Maybe six foot five
We have a pleasant evening on the beach
Build a fire
Drink some wine coolers
Decide to head back
From out of the brush there come two scrappy guys
Looking really pissed off
Messed up too
"It was them," one shouts pointing at us
There is much confusion
Apparently they'd been robbed
"We didn't do it. Do you need some help? Should we try and get the police?"
They look a little confused
Mutter some curse words
Decide to wander off
One of the girls shouts,
"Fucking Dickheads we were just trying to help!"
This sends them into a rage
They got to be on meth or something
They whip off their t-shirts and come running back
Great, I think, just great
They go for the tall guy
He's just sort of kicking at them
Keeping them at bay
And MY rage meter hits full
Everything slows down
I hit the guy next to me with a right cross
Followed by a deep left hook
He drops
The next guy is still engaged with tall guy
He doesn't see me coming
Right cross
Left hook
Boom
He's down
They are side by side
Laying on the ground
On their backs
Shirtless
But my rage is still there
Standing over them
I bellow
"I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!"
The sound echoes in the park
They scramble back to their brush
I turn to see
My three date-mates standing there with eyes wide open
Jaws dropped
"That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen," says my date
We had a nice rest of the evening
Not surprising it was our last



No comments:

Post a Comment