Sunday, March 3, 2019

Danny Boy

I was at an Irish bar in Seattle
After the performer finishes and exits the stage
My best friend Eric leans in and says,
"Hey man, will you sing Danny Boy?"
I take a moment
I love that song
It feels like a perfect opportunity
Something out of a movie
The mic is still hot
I know this song so well and I'm in good voice
I take the stage
"Oh Danny boy the pipes the pipes are calling..."
They cut off the mic
Well, I don't need a mic
Kept singing
Then the bouncer came up
Told me to get off the stage
I was singing pretty
The bouncer was big but I had no doubt I could take him
There was a moment I thought,
Should I beat the shit out of this dude to finish Danny Boy?
I'd probably recently seen Good Fellas
But I just stepped off the stage and left
A free Danny Boy by Greg Stone
Their loss


No comments:

Post a Comment