Thursday, March 21, 2019

STRENGTH OF TEN

Mountain View, California
"Summer of 42" cast
In the hot tub
I make this joke about how I have the strength of 10 men
It's a thing me and my best friend from Seattle would say
Strength of 10
Finally, I say to Brett
Give me a challenge
I'll prove it
The water is swirling around
We're all drunk
He points, "Climb that tree and jump into the pool."
I climb out of the hot tub and start climbing a tree
It's a bit far away from the pool
But I climb
I get to a branch about 8 feet high and venture out
I speculate
Venture out further
Start to jump and slip
Arms pinwheel
I hit the pebbled cement
Hard
A sickening slapping meat sound
They didn't see that. They didn't see that
And roll into the water
TADA!
They jump out of the hot tub
Check on me
"Are you okay?"
"Strength of Ten," I say

No comments:

Post a Comment