Friday, March 15, 2019

Ketchup

We had a choir event at Disneyland
It was super exciting
I love that place
First went when I was a kid of 5
Pirates of the Caribean
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain!
Ok I didn't like space mountain
Always thought my head was about to get wacked off
My choir went down there and it was fun
Really fun
One night we all went to Denny's (I know another Denny's story?
BTW if you're out in the wee hours
Get the caramel apple pie ala mode)
This wasn't one of those nights
I was getting something with french fries
The place was packed
Not just with my choir but possibly two others
So it takes a while for the food orders to come out
When mine comes out I'm so excited
I'm 19 years old
I reach for the Heinze bottle in front of me
I go to shake it cause, you know, no one likes that watery stuff
I shake it vigorously
Like a hungry 19 year old might
Can you see what's about to happen?
The lid is not screwed on
It's on
But not screwed on
I throw ketchup all over my face
And my white t-shirt
I am drenched
It's like a scene from Carrie
I'm mortified
Everyone looking at me
I pause a moment
Stand up
And bow to the four corners of the restaurant
Sometimes you just have to embrace the ridiculous

No comments:

Post a Comment