Thursday, March 14, 2019

LEAPING

We were in Milwaukee
Saigon tour
We were told of this cool river with cliffs you could jump from
So we went
It was beautiful
I'm not real good with heights
Bad actually
But I was proud of myself when I jumped off a rock ledge of about 20 feet
I know what a high dive of a pool is
This was twice the size
But some of the cast were way up higher
They kept calling me to come up
So I did
But when I got up there my legs were quaking
It was around 65 feet
I could hardly inch to the edge
Brian and Orville said, "I love you,"
Kissed each other and leapt
It was incredible
How can I be Chris if  I'm not as brave as they are?"
So after a minute I took three big steps and launched myself
I'm pinwheeling my arms, pointing my toes and holding my breath
But the water just doesn't come
It's a long drop
I breathe out and
BAM
I'm ten feet under water
It's murky and I'm confused
I kick to the surface
Brian and Orville were laughing and swimming to shore
I'm glad to be alive
Bravery takes many forms

No comments:

Post a Comment