Friday, March 1, 2019

CHAMPS

At UW
1990
Pi Kapps had two basketball teams
1st team was good
Real good
I was on the second team
Justin, Ethan, Rosalind, Trevor and me
Rose was so good distributing the ball
Perfect point guard
Ethan was a really tall blonde power forward and Rose was Asian with wicked ball handling skills
Trevor, a Southpaw country kid from eastern Washington was our shooting guard
Man he could hit the outside shot
I loved this team
But Justin and Ethan were the stars
They were amazing
I was clumsy but at 6'1 and 21 I could play above the rim
My job was to rebound
Block a shot here or there
We weren't supposed to be good
But Justin
He was amazing
And Ethan too
It was a team
We played our parts
There was probably 40 teams in the tournament
We won it
UW intramural college championship
The whole damn thing
2nd string
Sometimes team work
Makes the dream work



No comments:

Post a Comment